[sdiy] Deadbugging a buffered mult :)

Tony K weplar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 05:33:15 CET 2017

Hi Quincas,

I got a hoot out of the sped up panel construction, reminding me of my sampled drum machine project build the same way, onto thick single- clad pc stock. Quick and cheap. I painted mine a cream colour however, not as sexy as the red you got there Sharpie graphics, I used an old Dymo labeler not the thermal one !

That's not going to be fun if that op-amp goes, as you say, but hey it got the job done. The engineers here are better equipped to comment on the design, but I am not sure the high value resistor is necessary as the input to the J-FET op-amp is low offset high-impedance, and on the output 1 K might be more common that 100 ohm. This is all off the top of my head, I would verify this say in Jung's IC Op- Amp Cookbook , or a good book, text. Of course it works as designed so the rest is all academic.

Only pet peeve, is you call the power rails "energizing" pins, but it sounds charming , so it's a minor quibble.

Question: Why deadbug when proto boards are so handy?

Nice video and soundtrack btw,

Tony K