[sdiy] Analysis of the TB-303 CPU timing

Rainer Buchty rainer at buchty.net
Tue Mar 21 15:48:47 CET 2017

Hi Grant,

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017, MTG wrote:

> The unreachable code may very well be the fault of improper
> interpretation of the disassembled code. If you get out of step with
> opcode or operand, or try and interpret constant data as executable
> you will find you way into the weeds quite quickly.

In this case, it's not. Reassembling leads to the identical binary.

(Not that I didn't have to fish out a couple of bugs in my disassembler
back then -- didn't know about f9dasm ~20 years ago, so I wrote my own
to suit the needs of Alfred Arnold's multi-CPU macro assembler "as".)

> Here is a link to a Decwriter printout (you have to flip it to read
> it) from 1983 for the 6809:
>
> http://musictechnologiesgroup.com/images/GregsWaveTable.jpg

When I do that, it turns all black and reads "Dell" :)

Rainer