[sdiy] [Electronics_101] Where to get capacitor and resistor kits?

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 10:59:28 CET 2017

cheater00 cheater00 wrote:

Thanks for all the great suggestions, guys. That should keep me occupied.
For smd resistors and C0G caps, what range of values would you buy? What
size? 0603?

Sorry, but I've forgotten what the original objective was.
Is this for building kits?
Or development/prototyping?
Repair work? (I noticed you cross posted to other groups - that's generally
frowned upon).

Assuming synth diy development and prototyping then I would stick to
through hole parts. E12 resistor series (metal film 1% 1/4W) with two
values per drawer fits into one 36 drawer unit. Capacitors I suggesting
buying as you need them - there are too many types to sensibly consider
holding stock of every combination.

For SMD just buy as you need them. Don't buy cheap parts.

Neil