[sdiy] SH-101 Was: Analysis of the TB-303 CPU timing

Tony K weplar at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 23:42:06 CET 2017

Hi Dave,

No mystery, just got my hands on a 8049 from an "upgraded" SH as a loner, and decided to have a stab at reading the firmware. It's all described in the Intel 1990 Embedded Controllers Handbook.
Didn't even realize you can do that.

Just for learning, but ordered some 8749s to play with (eprom version) , and building two versions of a programmer for that one.

One is a kludge using my old DOS eprom programmer and the other is a parallel port job from an article in Circuit Cellar Ink, and uses (cough) Pascal little proggie.

Someone more clever than moi has already done upgrades for 8048/9  mono and polys, but I am not interesting in buying anything nor do I own an SH-101.

Anyway nothing earth shattering actually.

I don't mind sharing the annotated source code once it's done, by the way.

Tony K