[sdiy] Odp: Re: Analysis of the TB-303 CPU timing

Julian Schmidt elfenjunge at gmx.net
Fri Mar 17 08:25:32 CET 2017

Am 17.03.2017 um 07:25 schrieb Roman:
> Although I don't believe in any of those milisecond mumbo jumbo, for
> some reason the 3rd version in your example appeared to me as the most
> pleasing one. I'm not trying to say which CPU it was, but it sounded
> aparently different to me than the other 3.
Me neither, but I wanted to be sure for once.

> OTOH I wouldn't be surprised if you tricked us all and this is the
> same recording quadrupled with a bit of postprocessing. :)
hehe, no. All recordings are done with 4 different CPUs

I stayed up late last night and made some more
Went with some classic patterns and some non musical straight 16th note
stuff that should show the theoretical differences more.
http://chipmusik.de/survey/index.php/355721

But so far I guess my gut feeling was right about the "magic 303 groove" ;-)