[sdiy] Analysis of the TB-303 CPU timing

Julian Schmidt elfenjunge at gmx.net
Wed Mar 15 16:11:16 CET 2017

I'm currently working on a TB-303 replacement CPU for the RE-303 project.
www.http://sonic-potions.com/re303

Since there is not too much information available, and a lot of
speculations are running wild on the net, I tried to clear things up a bit.

Someone from the RE-303 forums loaned me an original CPU and I hooked it
up to a logic analyzer and did some extensive testing and measurement
sessions.

I summed up my findings in a short paper available here:
http://sonic-potions.com/Documentation/Analysis_of_the_D650C-133_CPU_timing.pdf

I have to admit, a lot of it is definitely from the "hear the fleas
cough" category, as we say in Germany, but at least we now have data
coming from a real CPU.

Comments are welcome. I'm a bit rusty in writing proper papers ;)

Best,
Julian