[sdiy] Formant filters, yay!

Richie Burnett rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Tue Mar 14 00:36:46 CET 2017

> I've done similar stuff with sine or triangles oscs (although you can try
> squares and ramps for fun, obviously). The key part is the "windowing"...

Tom, I remember you making a demo video of this running on a dsPIC a long
time ago.  Weren't you trying to implement the "resonant low-pass" waveform
from a casio CZ synth at the time?

>From what I recall it's possible to mimic other filter types like high-pass
and band-pass too using this technique, by messing about with the phase
where the sinusoidal oscillation starts from when it is sync'ed by the lower
frequency windowing function.

-Richie,