[sdiy] P5 VCO Output Level Low

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Fri Mar 3 11:59:50 CET 2017

If it's happening on all waveforms, I'd be inclined to suspect the mix amps (CA3280) or the mix amp CV circuitry.

If he's tried different VCO chips, it doesn't sound like it's the actual VCO, so it must be downstream. There isn't a lot between there and the filter - the switches and the mix amps, and that's about it.

HTH,
Tom