[sdiy] Where to buy ceramic caps

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Sat Dec 30 01:34:49 CET 2017

I'm trying to achieve capacitors for which I can guarantee the value, for a
90-degree phase-displacement network, so I can avoid putting 12 multiturn
trimmers on my PCB.

I like ceramic caps because they are small, and I've already laid out the
board for them.

Actually, my simulation suggests that even 5% tolerance caps would give
suitably precise phase displacement.

I've found some of the caps I need on various sites, sometimes even for less
than a dollar per.  I f*ck*n' HATE buying capacitors.  It's as if the makers
don't actually want anyone to have them.  They are 10 times more expensive
than they should be, when you can find them at all.  They're impossible to
read, even with specs on.  It's bullshit, actually, and I don't know why the
electronics world puts up with it.