[sdiy] Logic Analyzers

Michael Zacherl sdiy-mz01 at blauwurf.info
Fri Dec 29 14:40:02 CET 2017

> On 28 Dec 2017, at 12:37, ASSI <Stromeko at nexgo.de> wrote:
>
>  The LogicPort software fortunately works with Win98SE and doesn't really need much in the way of USB and CPU performance, so I use it with an old 10" laptop that already had a touchscreen at the time.  That combination is a lot more usable than some hardware LA out there and I've used a few.

Apparently you get that combo also in an “embedded” version:
https://www.ebay.at/itm/Tektronix-TLA715-logic-analyzer-w-TLA7P4-EXCELLENT-TLA714-TLA704-TLA7012/302570849051

;)

> On 29 Dec 2017, at 10:53, ASSI <Stromeko at nexgo.de> wrote:
>
> Am 28.12.2017 um 16:29 schrieb Michael Zacherl:
>> The first product I looked up yesterday was the aforementioned Saleae and the $1k of the Logic Pro 16 didn’t shock me.
>> So - _if_ I went for an analyser €1-2k would be feasible, I think.
>
> In that case and given your former experience with hardware LA, you might want to consider looking for used test equipment as well.

I considered that, since I got a decent voltmeter and a counter this way. But most analysers are really big and sometimes come with quite noisy fans. The fans I could swap fir quieter ones but the footprint is quite some estate.
The analogue scope I can put standing upright on the floor. But the analyser I can’t see (literally too) this way.
But I’m not in a hurry … let’s see.

m.