[sdiy] Preventing Radio Ham Interference

Tim Ressel timr at circuitabbey.com
Mon Nov 28 20:03:50 CET 2016

That can help. The mesh size needs to be significantly smaller than the
signal wavelength. In this case we're talking 2 meters, so a quarter
wave is half a meter. Chicken wire is small enough that it should work.
It would not work for something like radar or microwave ovens (yes, they
do leak) where the wavelength is about 30mm or less.

--tr

--Tim Ressel
Circuit Abbey
timr at circuitabbey.com