[sdiy] nice Digi Pot

Vladimir Pantelic vladoman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 10:31:13 CEST 2016

On 28.06.2016 10:16, Steve wrote:

> is there a limit...
> Well I just wonder what kind of a monstrous circuit would have 64 digi pots.
> Sounds like something that's non-modular (design wise, not necessarily
> synth rack mount "modular"), so that's no-no land I will not enter ^^
> But then again it might be a kind of circuit that just isn't occurring
> to me know, nothing of the sort I ever planned to use digi pots for, so
> I was curious for an example.

I have a design with 64 analog switches:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=138964

if I replace the ON/OFF switches with digipots I'll have an 8 into 8
mixer with individual gain. TI PGA4311 is nice (and chainable), but I'd
need 16 at $15 a piece...

and yes, it's in my modular rack :)

and yes, maybe it makes more send to just use 8 ADCs and 8 DACs and do
it all in digital....