[sdiy] nice Digi Pot

sleepy_dog at gmx.de sleepy_dog at gmx.de
Mon Jun 27 19:06:36 CEST 2016

Reading the thread "non-mechanical switching solutions",
I just remembered a nice series of digital potentiometers which I
discovered some months ago,
which are SDIY friendly ( for those not afraid of TSSOP ;) ), as they
- support +/- 18V dual rails
- digital voltage: 2.7 ... 5.5V (or even 1.8V)
- cost less than 2 bucks

I have used, as an experiment, digi pots in some VCFs to easily control
resonance from an MCU, but before I found those here, I only knew
similar products in a price range of 8...12 US$ or something like that.

So I just thought, I'll throw that in here, maybe someone else also only
knew the expensive ones.

MCP41HVx1 series, where
http://www.tme.eu/de/details/mcp41hv31-503e_st/digitalpotentiometer/microchip-technology/

available in 5k, 10k, 50k, 100k