[sdiy] non-mechanical switching solutions

Pete Hartman pete.hartman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 17:14:01 CEST 2016

Excellent suggestions all, thanks.

Ian: I will have to verify the nature of the voltages in the ladder, my
initial test seemed to work with single VN0104's but bipolar voltage is
something I should validate.

The Maxims cited are very nice, but their package is not friendly unless I
have assembly done along with the PCB... feasible perhaps, but I hope to
avoid.

The ADG could work very well, and I have no problem with a small PIC.
TSSOP is hand solderable too, that's a plus.

This also led me to Mouser's "analog switches" section, which I'm going to
browse for other options.  MAX314/MAX4605 look promising if I want to stick
to through hole components....

Pete