[sdiy] non-mechanical switching solutions

Gordonjcp gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Mon Jun 27 16:41:42 CEST 2016

On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 09:15:09AM -0500, Pete Hartman wrote:

> 2) some other (electronic, not mechanical) solution that would work in this
> specific instance?  Note that while the above description assumes an SPDT
> switch, I can go up to 2 poles, but not beyond.  An on-on-on would also be
> an option.  Toggle switch is a requirement though.

Your nine pole rotary switch is by far the most expensive component.  Opamps are cheap, discrete trannies are cheap, passives are hell of a cheap.

Build four filters, one with each capacitance range, and pick whichever output you want to use.  If you use surface-mount parts the whole thing will still be smaller than the original.

--
Gordonjcp MM0YEQ