[sdiy] Prophet 600 diagnostic eprom?

Eric Frampton eric at ericframpton.com
Sun Jun 19 18:46:39 CEST 2016

TL;DR: The CPU doesn’t seem to be sending much of anything to the DAC.

The longer version:

Front panel buttons on the membrane respond, and all LEDs are working.

Unison switch seems to work, insofar as if I switch the unit to Unison I get filter control changes on voice 2, and it does track the keyboard; otherwise no response from any other controls besides filter cutoff/res/envelope (which are working correctly).

Looking at the data lines on the front panel, the unit seems to be reading the keyboard, and looking at the analog output from the front panel it seems to be reading the pots.

Looking at the data lines from the front panel I can’t tell if all the other switches are working or not, but looking at the oscillator waveform switch lines from the digital to analog board, it appears those switches are working (I can see the lines change state.)

I’ve only dropped two 3340’s in, but on both of them I’m seeing sub-audible sine-waves only, and they’re not tracking the keyboard. I -am- aware that, since I’m dropping in Rev G 3340’s, that I’m going to go through and change the resistors at some point.

The DAC is working correctly. I dropped it in to my Prophet-10 to test and it behaved completely normally.

I’m seeing pulses/activity on all 14 data lines to the DAC.

I’m seeing activity on all A and D lines from the CPU.

When I turn up the resonance, as I mentioned above, I do get audio out of one channel (voice 2), so the unit does produce audio.

Now, if I drop in GliGli, on boot I get random segments frozen on the display, then the unit hangs.