[sdiy] Yamaha TX81z TZQuad memory expander

Nathan Trites nathan at idmclassics.net
Sun Jun 19 03:59:47 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I've got a TX81z here with the TZQuad expander installed... not sure which
TZQuad version it is, but it's not the plus. It cycles between four banks,
and flashes the screen obnoxiously to reflect which one is active.

Does anyone have a copy of the TZQuad installation guide? The few links to
a copy that I've found aren't active anymore.

I do understand how to switch banks and I've documented which jumpers are
cut/how its hooked up, but I want to know if there's anything else I should
be aware of.

Thanks for any help!

Best,

Nathan