[sdiy] Off topic - Alesis AI4 spares ?

Gordonjcp gordonjcp at gjcp.net
Fri Jun 17 16:56:03 CEST 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 03:30:35PM +0100, Dave Kendall wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> Sorry for the slightly OT post - I have an Alesis AI4 ADAT to AES/EBU converter with a blown switched-mode PSU.
>
> Can anyone recommend any repair people who just *might* have either schematics, or possibly spare parts ?
>
> The unit is not supported by Alesis any more, and they don’t have spares, and won’t supply schematics. In a conversation with alesis support today, all I learned is that the PSU outputs 5V (no analogue circuitry on board)  and there are 3.3V parts on board. The guy I spoke with didn’t know much more than that, and was unable to find out if the PSU board is used in any other products (he did try though) .
>
> Any help or pointers gratefully received.

Is it *just* 5V, nothing else?  You could use just about anything for that.

Pick apart the old PSU enough to see what pins go to where, and stuff 5V into the mainboard on the appropriate lines.  The 3.3V stuff probably has its own regulators, which might not be near the power connector.

--
Gordonjcp MM0YEQ