[sdiy] Simple DSP as VCO substitute (was Re: CEM3340 reissue)

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Tue Jun 14 22:38:54 CEST 2016

Your design is very interesting, Vinicius. Can you tell us more about it?

You mention on your webpage that the oscillator core produces a "protoramp" at 1.5MHz, and then the other waveforms including an analogue ramp are generated from that (Is that right? My Portuguese isn't great yet). At that sample rate, what kind of DAC are you using? Why generate a ramp core (with its aliasing problems) rather than a triangle core (with somewhat less aliasing problems)?

Anyway, I thought your oscillator design looked like excellent work and I spent some time listening to your sound samples. Thanks very much.

Tom