[sdiy] Simple DSP as VCO substitute (was Re: CEM3340 reissue)

Tim Ressel timr at circuitabbey.com
Tue Jun 14 19:47:07 CEST 2016

Two DAC output yields 2 waveforms. I'm thinking sine and triangle. A
digital out pin can make squares and PWMs, or a comparator can handle
it. If you make triangles rather than sawtooths then the DAC holds
together better at higher frequencies. It is a simple matter of
converting a tri to a saw externally.

I don't see 12 bit ADCs as much of a limitation. It should do V/Oct out
to 10 octaves.

--TimR

--
--Tim Ressel