[sdiy] CEM3340: VCC +10V vs +11V

Florian Anwander fanwander at mnet-online.de
Mon Jun 6 12:00:22 CEST 2016

You are right.

I got meanwhile also an answer from Dieter (english translation by me):

"We use 10V for the CEM3340, in order to achieve an even better
stability (if the + 12V would vary slightly, the internal 10V on the
module still are stable). But we had always problems, because obviously
not all CEM3340 worked properly with 10V(even if the datasheet indicated
so).
In the last production series of the A-111-1, we bridged 7810and
operated the CEM3340 directly on 12V. The A-100PSU2 was so stable that
there were no problems here."

Florian