[sdiy] CEM3340's have been reissued

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Mon Jun 6 00:50:03 CEST 2016

It sounds from the comment posted earlier that the original spec might have been quite close to the limit of the technology, if you see what I mean.

"After reviewing the prior specifications I did decide to change the minimum VCC spec. The old VCC min. was +10V and the new VCC min. is +11V. This is based on my own bench experience with several versions of the device. Many devices will work with a VCC of +10V and others won’t. Devices that won’t work at +10V should easily work at +11V or higher. This is the only specification that we’ve changed" John Borg (Onchip Engineer)

Consequently, the "change" of spec for the "new" revision might simply be giving themselves a little bit more breathing space, and limiting applications that were always bound to throw up a lot of problems - e.g. OB8, A-111?

Tom