[sdiy] Oscilloscope on a Budget 200

Richie Burnett rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Wed Jun 1 12:33:39 CEST 2016

That looks neat for the price.  Does it have a built in battery, or can run
from a mobile-phone charging adapter with USB socket for stand-alone use?
The manual only seems to mention it being plugged into a PC/laptop, which
might be a bit limiting if it needs the PC Application to work.

It's reassuring to see that it offers proper sinc interpolation as well as
el-cheapo linear interpolation, to join the dots (samples.)

As someone else mentioned, it's definitely worth getting an oscilloscope
that goes up to at least 10MHz, even if you work only with analogue audio
circuits.  Otherwise, if you have an op-amp circuit that is oscillating all
you will see (and hear) is a distorted audio signal coming out, with no idea
that the amplifier is in fact oscillating away merrily at 3MHz because it's
got a little too much cable capacitance on it's output.

-Richie,