[sdiy] Looking for a tinny MIDI controller (patch change needs for Roland GR-55)

Jean-Pierre Desrochers jpdesroc at oricom.ca
Sat Apr 30 23:46:59 CEST 2016

Brian,

Here are all the public files about my 3 x 8 MIDI foot controller:
http://www.arcenson.com/projects/MIDI_Foot_Controller/

The complete unit is here:
http://www.arcenson.com/projects/MIDI_Foot_Controller/Pictures/19_Finished_Controller.JPG

I had plenty of PIC16F88 chips to be used so I made that project around
it.
All the leds and switches are multiplexed to keep PIC16F88 pin usage
low.
A 8Mhz internal clock is used.
At start the MIDI channel that will be in use flashes the
led with the same number. (Here it's the led#1 that flashes).
But if one of the first 16 switches is held down on start
the selected number will be the MIDI channel in use.
Again the 18 foot switches call for the first 18 USER presets on the
GR-55.
I could have made a so much more complicated project but this minimum is
usefull with that synth.

Cheers,
J-Pierre

--
« L'indépendance, c'est comme un pont :
avant, personne n'en veut, après, tout le monde le prend. »