[sdiy] Sequential Pro-One repair report

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Mon Apr 18 19:31:11 CEST 2016


On 18 Apr 2016, at 17:46, MTG <grant at musictechnologiesgroup.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the report. What did you use to "clean the pins and sockets"?

A scalpel to scrape off corrosion, alcohol to remove the stickiness, and a piece of wire pushed in and out of the individual sockets. Nothing very clever.

It will probably need doing again at some point, but I regard this sort of minor servicing as a fact of life with 35-year-old keyboards.

> Nice that the chip was not toast.

Absolutely! That was my fear too! A dead DAC or uP would have been a serious PITA.

> I replaced my keyboard DIP cable and socket on the synth end. This helped a lot. Eventually I got sick of the J-wires and swapped out the whole keyed.

Yes, I've replaced the synth-end DIP socket and replaced the cable too. I still like the J-wire keyboard though!

Tom]




More information about the Synth-diy mailing list