[sdiy] Silvered mica caps in VCO core integrators

Tony Clark clark at greatlakesmodular.com
Sun Apr 17 08:29:01 CEST 2016

tl;dr

I wouldn't hesitate AT ALL to use Mica's for VCO's.  I used Mica caps
for the VCO circuits I designed 17 years ago and they still work just
fine.

Unless you are Mr. Chowning and have some new fangled retro analog
bent, I wouldn't be too concerned about your VCO meeting some silly
"modern standard" (and is it IEEE?).  If it works for you, it works.
If it doesn't, pick a different part.  It's not hard to swap out a
silly cap.

Tony

--

Tony Clark