[sdiy] Freebass 383 ROM anyone?

Sean Ellis tensiontype at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 13 03:04:46 CEST 2016

BTW if anyone wants one of these (with working pots!) let me know :)

Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 19:34:35 -0500
From: nathan at idmclassics.net
To: synth-diy at dropmix.xs4all.nl
Subject: Re: [sdiy] Freebass 383 ROM anyone?

I had the same experience as Sean - the pots on my FB383 are garbage. Some are crunchy, and the signal will cut out at certain points in the Saw/Square mix travel. Definitely something to watch out for.
Also make sure you give it about a minute after start up for it to do it's autotune dance (I assume that's what it's doing at start up?)... I feel like half the time I turn it on it doesn't want to respond to midi, but then after a short wait it's happy.
Best,
Nathan

I picked up 4 of these in one auction all listed as for repair. Turned out every one had catastrophic pot failure that cut out the signal. I would change all the pots if you have a version with the black plastic pots, I think one of these even had standard 16mm pots that had failed.

Synth-diy at dropmix.xs4all.nl