[sdiy] Cleaning plastic fronts on old synths

Terje Winther terje.winther at wintherstormer.no
Thu Apr 7 23:03:53 CEST 2016

Hi all,
I have come across a problem I don´t know how to solve:
I have an Akai AX-80 on the bench that is now in perfect technical
order, and the metal front panel and the plexiglass part with all the
lumicent displays are all good. But the middle section of the front
panel (running all the length of the synth) with all the buttons and
controls have a plastic-like overlay with colored text, and it is full
of some whiteish residue. It looks like someone has tried to wash it
with some kind of solution, and it didn´t work and miscolored the
plastic. I have tried various solutions, but nothing I do change the
apperance.
Any ideas appreciated!

Terje Winther
terje.winther at wintherstormer.no