[sdiy] looking for a joystick

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Tue Apr 5 08:50:20 CEST 2016

There are quite a few versions of those joysticks in price ranges from
10 to over 100EUR and they look exactly the same on pictures. I've
checked few of the cheap ones, and they are no good. With the rubber
seal around the stick it still returns to mid position even if you
remove the springs. BTW, removing springs in them is very easy.
When I removed the rubber, friction was too loose, and also it had
significant dummy-zone, I mean the small travel of the stick before
potentiometer starts moving.

Roman