[sdiy] Ladder filters and gain drop, that old chestnut

Richie Burnett rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Fri Aug 28 22:40:43 CEST 2015

It's 180 degrees of PHASE LAG through the filter AT THE RESONANT FREQUENCY. This combined with the PHASE INVERSION in the feedback path gives a total phase shift of 360 degrees around the whole loop. This satisfies the Barkhausen Criteria for self oscillation, when the magnitude of the feedback is high enough to make up for the losses in the forward path.

The terminology here is correct, at least in the EE linear systems and control theory sense.

-Richie,

Sent from my Xperia SP on O2

---- rsdio at audiobanshee.com wrote ----