[sdiy] 4046 VCO overclocking a PIC

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Fri Aug 28 20:55:46 CEST 2015

Agreed. It's important to note that under clocking the PIC is fully within spec, as the data sheet says it will operate down to DC (where it stops).

If you can find a way to make sure that over clocking doesn't cause your product to fail - either by allowing the user to set a hard maximum, or by somehow allowing the PIC to recover if it freaks out - then you have the best of both worlds.

Brian