[sdiy] Ladder filters and gain drop, that old chestnut

Andrew Simper andy at cytomic.com
Thu Aug 27 10:24:24 CEST 2015

If you check the 303 schematic you will see gain compensation at the
output, there is a boost in the output signal level with increased
resonance to make it not as quiet. You can do this boost anywhere you
want, at the input, at the output, or a bit of both. Another trick is
to feed the input signal into the same resonance gain circuit, but
this changes the frequency response of the resonance signal, making it
high pass instead of low pass, so this changes the tone considerably
of the resonance, and so the filter.

Cheers,

Andy