[sdiy] two decades ago ...

Rick Jansen rick.jansen at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 4 17:08:12 CEST 2015

Missed this message! Wow, a blast from the past...

Those were the days the internet was spread and big machines (for those days) were being
connected to the internet. If I remember correctly horus.sara.nl was a NOS/VE Cyber
machine, although in a way I doubt now if that system had mailing lists. Lost in the mists
of time!

When I changed jobs the list moved to a SUN machine at the new job, with majordomo(?), and
later to an old HP pc with linux at home, when continuous internet connections became
normal. And finally it now runs happily on a Mac mini for the past 5(?) years with MailMan.

As for the future: I have told you before that in the near future I may move abroad, to an
area where internet may not be as reliable as here in The Netherlands, but the climate
*is*. That indeed will happen in about a year's time, if all goes well. I'll make sure the
list is in good hands before that time.

Best,

rick