[sdiy] What to do with SMT part reels?

Barry Klein Barry.L.Klein at wdc.com
Fri Jan 31 23:44:33 CET 2014

Wow, their US office is less than a mile from my house and I've never heard of them.

Thanks,

Barry

On the reels here at work: Turns out one of our divisions is shutting down and they scrapped their material.  Our components guys knew about the material and were looking at it but the facilities guys came by and grabbed it all and gave it to the scrap pickup company.  Poor communication.
The problem with spools is not everyone may need 3000 of a weird value/size component so it may not even be worth the shipping cost to move.