[sdiy] Retaining button state after power off?

Hugh Blemings hugh at blemings.org
Fri Jan 31 19:50:06 CET 2014

Hi Justin, All,

I find myself wondering if you could use a supercap or similar to keep
the ripple counter powered for a while (weeks ?) after the main power
was removed.

Judicious use of low Vf diodes could isolate Vcc for the CMOS components
in question though I guess you may end up parasitically powering other
bits of the system and/or with upset components that were seeing a
voltage on one of their inputs while the power was off.

Anyway, a bit of armwaving $0.20 but since we've had latching relays I
thought I'd throw another wild-ish idea in there :)

Cheers,
Hugh