[sdiy] MIDI running status implementation - status bytes

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 16:03:00 CET 2014

Andre,

> Tom, your question and Neil's replies leave me slightly
> confused.
>
> Why do you say "in the case of channel status bytes" ? Running
> status only applies to channel status bytes.

While Running Status only _applies_ to channel status messages, it is
_terminated_ by _any_ status byte.
Of course, if the exact same status byte is received it is as if
Running Status was in effect. And if another channel status byte
arrives then a new running status starts.

Neil
--
http://www.njohnson.co.uk