[sdiy] Disposing of cupric chloride

pata at ieee.org pata at ieee.org
Tue Jan 28 05:32:09 CET 2014

Hi List,

FYI;
CuCO3 is designated as a "deleterious substance" by applicable law in Japan.
CuCO3 is not so active in a normal situation (at room temperature, in tap water) but it is easy to become fume or mist of copper oxide when it is thrown into a fire (at least 220 degree Celcius).
It is harmful for your health.
The safest way to dispose of CuCO3 is to dispose of with the coffee filter in a wet condition.
Please note that you must consult with your local garbage regulation. I think most of local garbage collection service allows a small amount of mineral matters (such as sand, soil, or CuCO3) are mixed with your daily combustible garbage.

Taku
Muse Music Synthesizer Lab., Japan