[sdiy] Korg release full-size MS-20 kit

roglok roglok at hyperground.de
Mon Jan 27 11:02:15 CET 2014

> Because you're still thinking of this as an instrument to play.

[...]

>  This "kit" is designed to appeal to the collector, or the hardcore fanatic

I've always thought of Korg's marketing concept for the new analog stuff as the opposite of exclusive. One could maybe call it "democratising" analog synthesizers. The Monotron and Volca series are very affordable and for the former they even released schematics.

I guess Neil is right, though. The non-fetishists would probably buy the scaled down version anyway. On the other hand, if the kit is all about hardcore fanatics / collectors it should probably use through hole parts, carbon resistors and green polyester caps... :)