[sdiy] [synth-diy] lock-in amplifiers

cheater00 . cheater00 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 18:36:30 CET 2014

Hi Tom,

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 5:33 PM, Tom Wiltshire <tom at electricdruid.net> wrote:
> I think what you're describing might actually be fourier analysis looked at a different way.
>
> You multiply by a specific frequency (your "precision frequency and precision multipliers") and then you can get the amplitude for that frequency.

kinda-sorta-not-really. If you made a vocoding arrangement where you
recover the amplitudes of the frequencies you'd be using in a Fourier
transform, that might work. But I'm not 100% sure.

But really it's just something that follows the behaviour of a
specific harmonic. It's kind of like a band pass filter with very high
Q.

Cheers,
D.