[sdiy] Question about an expo pair in a Time Machine

Pete Hartman pete.hartman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 07:12:32 CET 2014

Many thanks to Ian who pointed out that this was in fact a standard
expo converter with that op amp providing the fixed current.  My
pattern matching skills were looking at the circuit diagram and not
thinking about the circuit topology :/.

I found the problem with the clock from the HF VCO.  In addition to
the ground cut on one side, for some reason the tempco had been cut
away from the other side of the matched pair as well, effectively
isolating it from any input voltage...

With that restored, I am now clocking and passing audio.  There are
still some issues to be resolved with regen, but I think I have this
back on track.

Pete