[sdiy] prophet 600 upgrade?

klosmon klosmon at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 24 03:05:19 CET 2014

I installed a couple last year for some clients -- didn't have too much
time to play around with them, but they did add some features (while
deleting the onboard sequencer).  Keep in mind that it's a work in
progress;  updates and bug fixes are routinely issued, which need to be
loaded via sysex flash.
Be sure to look at ALL the parts of the website;  sometimes it's not
clear what the most recent version available really is.

Nice thing is that it's non-destructive;  can be restored to original
condition by reinstalling the Z80 and reloading the original patch memory.
~G