[sdiy] Solder stops flowing all of a sudden?

Karl Ekdahl elektrodwarf at yahoo.se
Thu Jan 23 00:52:12 CET 2014

well, got some emergency silver solder from radioshack and it flows like it should so i'm returning the sac 305 as faulty.. thanks guys!

Den onsdag, 22 januari 2014 7:45 skrev Altitude <altitude at optrand.com>:
I would look at the plating as well.  The common HASL plating (Hot Air
Solder Leveling for ppl that don't know the jargon) is becoming less and
less common in the world of ROHS and these new tin and nickel formulas
really need a good hit of flux to get going, well above what's in the solder