[sdiy] RMS to DC Converters

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Wed Jan 22 16:19:03 CET 2014

the easiest way and more accurate than any rectifier/filter approach can
do, and besides rect/filt will give nice mean value, not RMS.
LTC1967
AD8436
about 5-7EUR in singles

To properly convert RMS you need to square the signal, integrate and
then do square root. So at least 2 multipliers and some clever circuit.
Not worth the effort and much more expensive IMHO.

Roman