[sdiy] Solder stops flowing all of a sudden?

charlie wallace charlie at finitemonkeys.com
Wed Jan 22 00:27:21 CET 2014

Lead free does tend to flow less nicely and look murkier than leaded.
Also you need a higher temperature.

I recently turned a blue pcb almost green because i accidentally mixed
in some lead free paste with the leaded, and couldn't get it to
melt/flow, had to crank up the heat considerably on the hot plate.

try flux, the sc 305 says 2.2% flux, if no go, more heat, if still no
go and you can use it, i much prefer leaded solder.