[sdiy] Effect of unconnected linearisation diodes in LM13600/13700

ASSI Stromeko at nexgo.de
Mon Jan 20 20:00:43 CET 2014

On Monday 20 January 2014, 18:32:43, Dave Kendall wrote:
> In a forum thread I am following, it's been suggested that perhaps the
> capacitance of the diodes *might* affect the circuit, even if not
> connected, making the behaviour of a circuit different to the same one
> using 3080s.

If you really need to know, simulate the circuit with and without the diodes
present (actually these are diode connected transistors).

But the 3080 and the 13600 are based on totally different technologies, so
the presence of some percent extra capacitance (there's a series connection
of four junction capacitances between the two inputs and of two junction
capacitances to -V) from those linearization diodes really comes way down
the list of things to worry about.

Regards,
Achim.