[sdiy] "re-cap" when it's SMT?

Pete Hartman pete.hartman at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 18:13:44 CEST 2013

So what would cause digital crosstalk, in only one channel, for a
synth that presumably didn't have this problem when it was new?

The hint appears to be lost on me ;-)

The only thing that occurs is tracing the path and seeing where it
comes nearest to digital lines that the other channel does not...?

I think I can step away from the idea of "re-capping" the synth; I've
heard other people talk about doing such things, and I did fix an old
Roland S-10 which had NO output by replacing a handful of likely
seeming caps, so that's where I was coming from with that.  Clearly
the weight of experience is that doing so willy nilly is a bad idea
(and my own experience with other hardware at a larger scale would
argue the same), and I'm not married to the idea.

I appreciate everyone's suggestions, and I'll keep the list posted as
to my progress; of course it will be a bit before I can proceed on, as
I have no 10uF SMT caps handy, and I'm very doubtful I'll find them at
Radio Shack.