[sdiy] Lowest distortion neede for VCA - linearizing the LM13600/13700 & other dual VCAs

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 14:33:46 CEST 2013

Hi,

ASSI wrote:
> The I/V conversion you care about is done by the input resistor.  The OTA
> produces a matching current to compensate the input current via feedback.
...etc...

Interesting, thanks for clarifying.  Ultimately, the question really
is: is this really cheaper than 1/4 of an SSM2164 (or CoolAudio V2164
clone) these days?  Maybe 18 years ago when this circuit was posted.
Certainly a lot more PCB area (16pin DIP + 8pin DIP + transistor +
passives) compared to 1/4 of a 2164.

> (on the road :-)

Awesome!

Cheers,