[sdiy] OT: Mathcad users?

rsdio at sounds.wa.com rsdio at sounds.wa.com
Mon Sep 16 02:41:08 CEST 2013

It's nowhere near as powerful, but Apple ships Grapher with OSX. In
Grapher, you can type equations and see them graphed alongside each
other, in 2D or 3D. This is a great way to check out a new formula or
even a circuit idea. I recently used Grapher to get an idea of the
response from adding parallel resistance to the wiper of a pot (note,
it's not linear). But there are many limitations compared to the huge
environment of MATLAB or similar.

Brian