[sdiy] Best book /resource for fixed point math??

Dan Snazelle subjectivity at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 12 16:56:38 CEST 2013

In a few different wavetable synth programs (for avr) that I have been studying, I keep finding references to  fixed point math

Variables like

Q16n16
Q0n31
Q1n15 etc
And functions for seperating the "fractional part" of a number, etc.

Im wondering which book , video, etc
Might be best for really coming to terms with understanding fixed point/floating point so that I can understand programs and so my own programs can improve.

I know it would be useful as I have read that the AVR can use  the help with math it can get (just like me)

Thanks!