[sdiy] PCB Layout Software?

rsdio at sounds.wa.com rsdio at sounds.wa.com
Wed Sep 11 12:12:24 CEST 2013

Eagle

a) none
b) none
c) schematic and board edits are integrated, although selections are
not perfectly tied together
d) You need to run a ULP script to generate 3D models, but the folks
at Dangerous Prototypes are doing 3D models for all of their Eagle
projects, making it look rather easy.
e) many PCB shops provide Eagle Design Rules and accept Eagle files

I still use Eagle 5, so I'm not sure whether to recommend Eagle 6.

Brian Willoughby